My Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Answered Prayer

I can remember vividly being told I may lose them, my legs. I remember my legs and feet going completely numb, tingling, and cold.

I believe we can try desperately not to take things, health, people for granted. But I think to some degree, we all fall short in this area.

I know I did.

After the second back surgery, January 23rd 2012 I woke up to excruciating pain radiating throughout my entire body. It was as if I had a million knives stabbing every nerve and muscle in my back. The pain though was not in my legs because I couldn't feel them. I did have extensive nerve damage that was causing one leg to burn with nerve pain. But the rest was numb.

I'll never forget this moment. It was one of those "moments with God" that will be always ingrained in my mind. I began to beg my nurse to tell me what may be next. After a while he said the words. " IF this doesn't subside, worst case, you could lose them. "
" What?! Lose my legs!?" was my response, fighting tears. "I proclaim in the name of Jesus Christ my legs will come back!" I uttered to myself.

I began to pray out loud " Lord please" I pleaded. .

" Please allow this to pass- I am expecting a miracle and complete healing so that I will be not walking but running with my son soon, in Jesus name! "

My grandmother and mother were in the ICU room with me. I could see the tears welling up in moms eyes and my grandmother just trying to stay strong for me.

The other day I was on a walk. Though I appeared to be alone, I wasn't. The cars that passed probably thought I was crazy. I could feel the presence of God so thick that day, on that walk. I often pray out loud in my car, by myself. I can't drive, so I walk. And I talk to God when I walk.

I was barefooted and the warmth of the concrete was almost soothing to my feet. When they'd get too warm I'd hop over in the grass and feel the crisp cold grass between my toes.

I LOVE that feeling....

I just thanked the Lord, over and over. For healing me. For being able to walk with Logan, to FEEL the grass.

I took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment